Sakrand in the light of history
The geographical and ancient city is situated on both sides of the national highway. They used to call the national highway at that time. In the times of the Kalhoras and Talpurs, this route was also called ‘road’. In the early days of the British, they were called the “Gulf Way”. The river Indus flows about 18 km west of Sukkur.
There are many traces and traces of this city, of which it is well evident that this old settlement of Sakrand was, in any case, the same place. Sakrand is currently the headquarters of the sub-division and is affiliation with the Bajaj Nawabshah district before the present Nawabshah district. Prior to 1912, when the Nawabshah district no longer existed, the city was still the headquarters of the Hyderabad district.
By studying ancient history it has been found that this city was of great importance in the time of the Kalhoras and Talpurs. Maj. Gen. Hague describes it in his book (Indus Delta Country) as the history of the world.
In addition, Hughes has mentioned the town of Sakarn in detail. Thus the accounts of both foreign and foreign scholars show that the ancient settlement of Sindh is of great importance. Now, see how the name “Sacrament” on this settlement was and when did it occur? Regrettably, it is impossible to find any traditions or inscriptions in the name of the aspirant whose name implies that the original name of the city was? So how did the city come to be called “Sakrand”? History studies show that this city came to be called by the name of the famous poet Mir Azimuddin Bhatwi, in the reign of Talpur rule.
Became popular. In 1782, Talpur family leader Mir Fateh Ali Khan Talpur was established when the Talpurs ruled in Sindh, defeating Mian Abdul Ghani Khan, the last ruler of the Kalhoras on the Holland area. After that, Mir Fateh Ali Khan Talpur took a destination on the “Sakharnak Lake” on the south side of the city, due to hunting. He built palaces on the shores of the lake and rebuilt the fort along the bank of the lake. He and his three brothers Mir Ghulam Ali, Mirkram Ali, Mir Murad Ali Khan used to travel and visit the palaces from time to time. They call the four brothers “the first bully” in the history of Sindh. Mir Azimuddin Bhatawi later called the lake “thankful” for its relative views of the lake, the pleasant climate, and the freshwater.
From that point of view, it is plausible that this settlement must have been called by some name before the rule of the Mirs! As there was a lake around the city. It is possible that the lake may be called by the people, the town of Lake Basti, or the lake Basti, but during the Talpur period, Mir Fateh Ali Khan built the fort and Fatehabad city by Talpur for some time. The city was called “Fatehabad”, but as Mir Azimuddin Bhatvi said, the lake became known as “Shakar Lake”, meaning “Sweet Lake.” Called Basti. And instead of “sh” and “s” instead of the first “s”, replace “last” with “ڊ” and start calling the city “safe”. That’s actually the wrong word. Similarly, the name Fatehabad is also gradually changed forever.
The above view of Mir Azimuddin Bhatvi seems very national to us. He writes in this connection, “By the order of Mir High place (Mir Fateh Ali Khan Talpur), a new town named” Fatehabad “was established at a place from which beautiful and flowering flowers were born. Due to the presence of a freshwater lake, the lake is called “Shakar Lake”. A royal palace has been erected over it overlooking the middle of the lake, whose footprint is spread. There are boats with rupees, golden chutes, and kittens all the time in the lake, whose inhabitants of the golden palace always travel to the lake, while Mir Fateh Ali Khan and his brother Mir Ghulam Ali Khan Talpur are in that village.
It looks like both the sun and the moon, and the beautiful sides of the four sides are designed, and the sun is shining everywhere, at night when the stars are shining in the sky. The stream looks like a mirror in clear and transparent water. There is no such abode in India and in Sindh! Mir Hassan Ali Khan Talpur “Hasan”, son of Mir Naseer Khan, the last ruler of the Talpur family after Azamuddin Bhutto, mentioned this lake, palace, and fort in his book “Shahnamah Sindh alias Kalhora’s defeat”, which is almost Mir Mir.
The above-quoted text appears in the text of the above statement. Mir Hassan Ali Khan Talpur speaks of “Shahnameh Sindh” as follows: The name of Shikar Lake Kolab, the second most famous city in general, the Luba Lub-e-Akh Pura, the Mustafa Dube Abash Chun Ab, the headland Rush Bagh. Jinan, instead of walking in it, liked the mainland de Mir, making the bus fort a lofty, set-up city, a happy place, the name of “Fatehabad” of Keon City, by the way of Rehman.
In order to raise the water short, as the commander of the High Commissioner, Mir Qasim Beastib, in the light of both the above references, it can be said that the name “city” of this city is relative. When the British conquered Sindh in 1843, Sir Charles Napier administratively divided Sindh into three factions, namely: Karachi, Hyderabad, and Shikarpur. Under this arrangement, the Hyderabad district spread from Badin to Kandi. In the meantime, the British made new plans to make administrative reforms easier.
Accordingly, in 1855, the area and its vicinity were rated as relative. And to make Tallaqee a presidential position, the city was considered more reasonable. This is evident from the text above the presidential gate built by the old Talaqi office. To which it is written above.
Thus the city has since been known as “Sakrand” in regular official records. We are convinced that during the Talpur period, this city would have been replaced by the name of “Shakar Lake” instead of “Fatehabad”. And even when the British conquered Sindh, the settlement came to be called by that name. Due to this the new rulers also retained that name.
We have researched the city of Sacramento and inspected it to a great extent. Of these, it is known that such a lake remained for a long time even after its formation in Pakistan, and only artifacts have survived at that time. The settlement is called the Old City, on a large mound with the northern bank of the lake. The northwest and east sides of this old city have grown considerably, as the town is situated on a national highway. Thus, trade, traffic, and connectivity with central cities continue to grow and thrive. Due to the crossing of the national highway through the center of the city, it falls into two villages.
The royal market of the present province, which began from the north, ends at the south end. The western part of the country falls into 18 divisions and the eastern part falls into 25 divisions. At present, the population of the city of Sakrand is about twenty-five thousand thirty thousand. During the present period, a number of shops have been set up along the “Sonora Bazaar” and a station road on the east side – a new market on the west side of the city’s original royal market.
In addition to the national highway, the British established a railway in 1932 to connect the city to its predecessor, the main and central cities. The north side of the city is still established today. The train would come and go three times a day from the gates of Washington and Sakrand. In 1939, the main railway station was made a “junction” by the British to further enhance trade and commerce and to facilitate the movement of people. The railway line was extended from the north to the west of Sakrand, connecting the Darashara Junction to the mainline of the Multan Pad Eid and the mainline was extended from the east via the Tondoam junction.
The people of Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Punjab, and Quetta have enough access to the city to reach here, but sadly, the present railway department has approached the motherland by sitting along the railway lines of the remote village of Sindh. Instead of expanding the railway lines east and west of the Westside from the main lines, they have been destroyed and destroyed. Thus, in 1977, the Nawabshah Line completely closed the remaining vehicles from 1: 7: 1991, and the cities which were located on such rail lines have been prevented from further development.
Apart from the railway and the main road, the road from Sakrand city to Nawabshah, Kohr, Sahadi, and Pukka roads, through which there is considerable improvement in trade and commerce. Mr. Smith points out in his “Washington District Court, that the cold winds of the sea reach the town of Downtown Washington, and that the sun also falls into that area.” Due to the arrival of the sea winds, the air here is good and healthy. The water here is sweet because of its proximity to the Indus River. But as per the requirements of modern needs, officially groundwater can be collected in a tank and transported to the city.
Due to the increasing population of human population and the tendency of people to migrate to the city, many palaces and new colonies have come into the city. It may be said, therefore, that during the next twenty-first century, the town would collide with the Baronak towns of Sindh. During the British era when the local governments, namely, the “Notified Area” and the “Municipalities” were formed, the “sanitary mass” was established at that time in terms of population. Incidentally, when the population continued to grow rapidly, the sanitary committee of the sun was brought to the level of the notified area.
And this notified area status continued till the basic jihadist period established by President Ayub Khan after the establishment of Pakistan. Subsequently, the city of Sacramento was made a town mass under the system of basic jurisdiction. At that level, the city is still established today. The building in which the Town is currently established was established by the British in 1956, which was called the “Dock Bungalow.” The city of Sakrand is regarded by academics as one of the most important cities in the present Nawabshah district. In ancient times there must have been a religious seminary in this city, which over time is unknown.
But since religious education was very prevalent especially during the time of the Kalhoras and Talpurs, it can be said that religious education was also prevalent in this city. There are currently three life sciences institutes in Sacramento, with Arabic and Persian as well as jurisprudence, logic, and memorization of the Holy Quran. After the conquest, the new ruler established a new model of education according to the changing circumstances of the world.
In 1853, Sir Barter Freire established the English alphabet and opened several schools for English education, with English primary schools in Sindh. In this connection, according to some inscriptions, an English Primary School was established in the city of Sakrand in 1902. Since then, as the city has grown, so have the English and Urdu primary schools for children and girls in the city.
E-Class for enlightening the people of Sindh with English education during the British era. E – V – Class. Middle and high school classrooms were opened. The first A-B-class was established in the fall. Later, it was made an A-V class and was subsequently promoted to middle and high school grades.
At present, a Government Privateized High School for Boys and a Government Degree Science College has been established. However, two high schools and a number of science colleges have been set up for the children’s education. Similarly, an agricultural training institute, Sidh Corporation, cotton and wheat research institute, Monotechnic Institute, and many other educational and training institutes were established in Sakrand city.